A very good look for any curly hair girl is when the hair clumps together to form chunkier curls which results in curl definition. There are two methods for getting the clumps. These methods are invented by not any hair experts but the people like us who fight every day to make their curls look better.
The Super-Soaker method is a easy method to get the clumps. I have tried this method and the results were fantastic.
- Rake-in your leave-in conditioner.
- Brush or comb in the products thoroughly using a thin toothed comb.
- Create your desired part or placement of curls.
- Brush or comb at the crown with an up and away motion to help encourage volume otherwise your hair will lie flat on the top if you comb your hair in the downward direction.
- Cup your hands, fill them with water and gently scrunch the water into your hair to the point when it is completely soaked, do not scrunch it very hard and firm as this will separate the curls.
- Scrunch the hair gel
- Plop or double plop to help reduce drying times.
- You can use a diffuser to dry.
Here is the video to explain things better.
Let me know which method works for you best.